Children and Young People Integrated Service Plan
The Glasgow City Integrated Children and Young People’s Services Plan 2020-23 outlines the key areas of focus for children’s services over the next three years.
The plan sets out the strategic direction for the planning and delivery of services for children, young people and families in Glasgow City. It is a requirement of the Children and Young People (Scotland) Act 2014 and has five aims:
- Children and young people are safe, protected and valued in their communities and neighbourhoods
- Children and young people’s health and wellbeing is promoted and improved
- Children and young people are well supported in their homes and communities
- Children and young people achieve high quality outcomes through excellent and inclusive education and employment opportunities
- Children and young people are involved and included, and their views are influential in the development and delivery of services
All of these are underpinned by a focus on mental health and poverty, which are areas that children and young people identified as priorities in an extensive consultation in 2019 – 20, and which have been a key focus for services over the period of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Plan was developed in collaboration with a range of public and third sector organisations and takes into account feedback from parents / carers and practitioners, as well as children and young people, about their priorities for improving services.