South Locality Engagement Forum
For information on Current and Previous Locality Engagement Forum events, please see the tables below.
Glasgow City Health and Social Care Partnership has a Participation and Engagement Strategy that sets out the principles and approach to engaging individuals, groups and communities in service planning and development for community health and social care services. Each locality has arrangements to meet this commitment. South Locality launched its locality engagement model in April 2017 at an event attended by 60 local groups, organisations and community representatives. The model consists of three key strands:
- A Locality Engagement Network of individuals, community representatives, groups and organisations with an interest in local health and care services. The Network has produced three Locality Engagement Bulletins sharing news and information about health and social care services in the South and the wider Glasgow City Health and Social Care Partnership (HSCP) . The bulletin also highlights services provided by local groups and projects. It is circulated to 350 Network members in South Locality and is also available on the Partnership’s website.
- A programme of feedback and engagement activities that enable people using HSCP services to share their experience at the point of access. This includes support for citywide consultation and engagement opportunities. Support is provided to frontline staff to enable them to develop feedback opportunities, consultations and user involvement activities.
- A series of Locality Engagement Forum meetings bringing together users, carers and community organisations with experience of particular care groups or HSCP services. The forums have helped plan and deliver four public engagement sessions and over 180 people participated in one or more of these session in 2017/2018. Participants gave feedback on a range of health and social care issues including:
- Treatment Room Services
- Occupational Therapy Services
- Palliative and End of Life Care
- Access to Interpreting and Translation Services
- Pathways into health and social care
- Community views on the new Gorbals Health and Social Care Centre
- Support services for older people in the community
- A new neighbourhood model for Older People’s Services
- Creation of a Suicide Safer Community in South Glasgow and
- A new model for adult mental health services in Glasgow.
Key messages from these sessions have included:
- An understanding amongst the wider public of why we need to review how we deliver services and make them fit for the future
- HSCP must communicate better and at the earliest opportunity with patients, service users, carers and third sector partners
- HSCP should work more closely with Community Planning Partners to ensure better communication and joined up decision making and
- Person-centred care needs to remain at the heart of all decision making in spite of the financial and other challenges facing public services.
The HSCP is committed to listening to a wide range of service user, carer and public views and feedback, comments, concerns, ideas and suggestions, which are used to inform future service planning and delivery. Key locality engagement priorities for 2018 include:
- Continue to grow the Locality Engagement Network
- Deliver a further three public engagement sessions in partnership with members of the Locality Engagement Forums and
- Create opportunities for people to share their views on key HSCP plans and priorities including
- Review of Out of Hours services
- Primary Care Improvement Plan
- Moving Forward Together Programme
- GCHSCP Strategic Plan and
- GCHSCP Locality Plan.
To find out more about our South locality engagement arrangements, please contact: Lisa Martin, Community Engagement Officer (South Locality) on 0141 427 8300.
Future Meetings and Events
Meetings and Events
Meeting or Event Name
South Locality Transforming Services for the Future Event
9.30am - 1.15pm
Sense Scotland, Touchbase Suite, 43 Middlesex Road, G41 1EE
Previous Meetings and Events
South Locality Engagement Forum (LEF)
Meeting or Event Name
South Locality Engagement Model Launch
10.00am - 12.30pm
Samaritan House, Govanhill Housing Association
No papers available
|South Locality Services for Older People Event||28/06/2017||10.00am - 1.30pm||Pearce Institute, Govan||No papers email@example.com|
|BME Information and Wellbeing Event 1 (in partnership with SEIN SE Integration Network)||17/01/2018||10.00am - 2.30pm||Queens Park Church, Pollokshaws||No papers firstname.lastname@example.org|
|South Locality Mental Health Services Event||08/02/2018||10.00am - 1.00pm||Govan at Home Conference Suite, Ibrox||Event Reportemail@example.com|
|BME Information and Wellbeing Event 2 (in partnership with SEIN SE Integration Network)||20/04/2018||10.00am - 2.30pm||Castlemilk Parish Church, Dougrie Drive||No papers firstname.lastname@example.org|