South Locality Engagement Forum
For information on Current and Previous Locality Engagement Forum events, please see the tables below.
Glasgow City Health and Social Care Partnership (HSCP) has a Participation and Engagement Strategy that sets out the principles and approach to engaging individuals, groups and communities in service planning and development for community health and social care services. Each locality has arrangements to meet this commitment. The South Locality currently is in the process of establishing a Locality Engagement Forum to compliment the Locality Engagement Network that already exists in the locality. Currently we are working on establishing or re-establishing:
- the current Locality Engagement Network, which consists of individuals, community representatives, groups and organisations with an interest in local health and social care services. The network was established in 2017 / 18 where it published three Locality Engagement Bulletins that shared news and information about health and social care services in the south and the wider HSCP. The bulletin highlighted projects and services provided by local groups and encouraged community engagement. This was circulated to 350 network members and key stakeholders in the south locality. It was also published on the HSCP’s website. Due to COVID-19 and restrictions, this has impacted our community engagement activity.
- a programme of feedback and engagement activities that enable people using HSCP services to share their experience at the point of access. This includes support for citywide consultation and engagement opportunities. Support is provided to frontline staff to enable them to develop feedback opportunities, consultations, user involvement activities and support patients and service users to take part in further engagement opportunities.
- we have been in the process of establishing a Locality Engagement Forum in South Locality. The Locality Engagement Forum meetings bring together patients, service users, carers and community organisations with experience of particular care group services or interests. We issued a survey to members and asked what their priorities were for the year ahead. We’re using the results of this survey to shape an annual work plan. More information on these meetings, including meeting notes, can be found in the tables below and
- some of the key older people services that the Locality Engagement Forum will be looking at are: dementia, home care services, primary care and GP services, carers support, palliative care, physical disabilities, telecare, immunisation programmes and the Maximising Independence strategy.
The HSCP is committed to listening to the views of patients, service users, carers and the wider public, which are used to inform future planning and the delivery of services.
Key priorities for 2021 / 22 include:
- continue to grow the Locality Engagement Forum and Network
- deliver three further Locality Engagement Forum sessions in 2021 and
- continue to create opportunities for people to share their views around HSCP plans and priorities.
To find out more about our south locality engagement arrangements, please contact:
Community Engagement Officer
Future Meetings and Events
Meetings and Events
Meeting or Event Name
|South Locality Engagement Session||TBC||TBC||Online||Meeting papers will be uploaded when email@example.com|
Previous Meetings and Events
South Locality Engagement Forum (LEF)
Meeting or Event Name
|South Locality Engagement Session - Home Care||28/07/2021||3:00pm - 4:30pm||Online||Meeting papers will be uploaded when firstname.lastname@example.org|
|South Locality Engagement Session||31/03/2021||3.00pm- 4.30pm||Onlineemail@example.com|
|South Locality Engagement Session - Review of Participation and Engagement||28/01/2020||10.00am -12.00pm||New Gorbals Health and Care Centre, 2 Sandiefield Road, Glasgow, G5 9AB||Meeting Papersfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|South Locality Engagement Session||07/11/2019||12.30pm - 2.00pm||New Gorbals Health and Care Centre, 2 Sandiefield Road, Glasgow, G5 9AB||Meeting Papersemail@example.com|
|South Locality Engagement Session||22/07/2019||12.30pm - 3.00pm||New Gorbals Health and Care Centre, 2 Sandiefield Road, Glasgow, G5 9AB||Meeting Papersfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|South Locality Engagement Session||24/06/2019||10.00am - 12.00pm||New Gorbals Health and Care Centre, 2 Sandiefield Road, Glasgow, G5 9AB||No papers email@example.com|
|Home Care and Supported Housing Spring Focus Group||18/04/2019||11.00am - 12.30pm||Cordia Learning Centre, 12 Edgefauld Drive, Glasgow, G21 4BB||Meeting Papersfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Locality Engagement Session focussing on Older People, including Anticipatory Care Plans, Telecare and Home is Best||26/02/2019||10.30am - 1.30pm||Sense Scotland, Touchbase Suite, 43 Middlesex Street, Glasgow, G41 iEE||Meeting Papersemail@example.com|
|HSCP Carers Reference Group Information Session||02/11/2018||Meeting Papersfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Platforum Mental Health User Forum Outreach session||16/10/2018||Meeting Papersemail@example.com|
|Pollokshaws Area Network Outreach Session||18/09/2018||Meeting Papersfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|EKTA Sikh Elderly Forum Outreach Session||18/06/2018||No papers email@example.com|
|South West Voices Outreach Session||12/06/2018||Meeting Papersfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|South Locality Transforming Services for the Future Event||07/06/18||9.30am - 1.15pm||Sense Scotland, Touchbase Suite, 43 Middlesex Road, G41 1EE||Meeting Papersemail@example.com|
South Locality Engagement Model Launch
10.00am - 12.30pm
Samaritan House, Govanhill Housing Association
No papers available
|South Locality Services for Older People Event||28/06/2017||10.00am - 1.30pm||Pearce Institute, Govan||No papers firstname.lastname@example.org|
|BME Information and Wellbeing Event 1 (in partnership with SEIN SE Integration Network)||17/01/2018||10.00am - 2.30pm||Queens Park Church, Pollokshaws||No papers email@example.com|
|South Locality Mental Health Services Event||08/02/2018||10.00am - 1.00pm||Govan at Home Conference Suite, Ibrox||Event Reportfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|BME Information and Wellbeing Event 2 (in partnership with SEIN SE Integration Network)||20/04/2018||10.00am - 2.30pm||Castlemilk Parish Church, Dougrie Drive||No papers email@example.com|