Skip to main content

Community Health Service

How do I get a community health service?

For information on our Christmas opening hours, please see our News Article

The Glasgow City Health and Social Care Partnership provides a range of community health services across Glasgow City, some of which cover the entire NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde Board area.

To find and access a community health service, then consult :

  • NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde website, which includes information on the range of acute, primary care and community health services provided by NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde or the Partnership and how to access them. It includes both local and citywide services.

What do I do in a medical emergency?

In a medical emergency for suspected stroke or heart attack or serious illness or injury, phone 999.

999 and Accident and Emergency should only be used for serious illness or injuries. This means that essential treatment is given to those who need it as quickly as possible.

What do I do for immediate advice if my GP surgery or dental practice is closed and I’m too ill to wait until it reopens?

For immediate advice when your GP surgery or dental practice is closed phone NHS 24 on 111.

You will be put through to a health professional who will talk to you about your symptoms. They may arrange for you to see a GP or dentist if necessary. You can visit the NHS 24 website, which is also available in other languages.

What do I do if I have a minor injury?

Minor Injuries Services are available in a number of locations. They can treat a range of injuries including sprains, burns and simple fractures. Minor Injuries Services are open 9am–9pm Monday to Sunday all year round. Find your local Minor Injuries Service.

Do I need to pay for services?

The majority of NHS service are provided free of charge, including:

  • GP practices
  • local pharmacies
  • hospitals
  • clinics
  • emergency services
  • eye examinations and
  • dental examinations

NHS services that you may have to pay for include:

  • dental treatments (in most cases) and
  • glasses
Scroll to top